Nadav has spent his career helping clients navigate through Colorado’s shifting cannabis landscape. He specializes in regulatory compliance, business transactions, and licensing matters, and represents individuals and businesses of all kinds in the cannabis industry, including stores, cultivation facilities, edibles and CBD manufacturers, landlords, lenders, consultants, and other businesses ancillary to cannabis. Nadav regularly negotiates and drafts complex legal transactions. His experience includes entity formation and restructuring, licensing, mergers and acquisitions, corporate financing, contract negotiation and drafting, corporate governance, state and municipal enforcement actions, real estate transactions, intellectual property, and other legal matters involving cannabis businesses.
Nadav is a graduate of the University of Denver Sturm College of Law and has an undergraduate degree from Vanderbilt University. In his free time, Nadav is an avid rock climber, skier, and soccer player.
- Assisted more than 100 companies obtain business licenses in jurisdictions throughout Colorado, including Denver, Boulder, Colorado Springs, Pueblo, Saguache County, Huerfano County, Fort Collins, Eagle County, and Durango.
- Negotiated and drafted transaction documents for mergers and acquisitions of cannabis businesses, with aggregate transaction values of over $10 million.
- Represented lenders to a metro-based cannabis businesses with an aggregate loan amount of over $1.5 million.
- Drafted dozens of state-compliant convertible promissory notes and assisted lenders in converting debt to equity and navigating state and local change of ownership processes.
- Represented one of the state’s largest cannabis businesses in a complex corporate restructuring and state and local change of ownership processes.
- Represented multiple edibles companies in negotiating and drafting intellectual property licensing agreements to market their brands throughout the United States.
- Filed for and obtained federal trademarks for lifestyle brands.
- Resolved dozens of governmental enforcement actions against licensed cannabis businesses for violations of state or local rules and regulations.
- Assisted multiple out-of-state owners obtain equity in Colorado cannabis businesses and file for pre-suitability and permitted economic interests, including one of the first non-resident cannabis business owners in 2017.