Dave Rodman is a Colorado native and was lucky enough to grow up in Aspen. Mr. Rodman founded the Rodman Law Group in 2014 in response to what he saw as a lack of sophisticated corporate/business law firms (i.e cannabis firms that didn’t grow out of criminal or public policy based practices) serving the cannabis industry, and has been tirelessly advocating for his clients, pushing for more equitable and transparent industry regulations, and facilitating complex multinational transactions ever since.
As an attorney with an extremely wide range of clientele, he has truly learned to expect the unexpected. Mr. Rodman’s unique background in finance, securities, intellectual property, and corporate law has given him a an incredibly diverse set of tools to deploy on behalf of his clients, tools that allow him to craft solutions to each client’s specific legal, business, and regulatory needs. Dave does not believe in a “one size fits all” approach to the law. Mr. Rodman has provided counsel to a broad range of clients including small businesses, large corporations, bars/night clubs, cannabis cultivators, manufacturers, and stores/dispensaries, industrial hemp ventures, international investment groups, musicians, private equity companies, music venues, cryptocurrency and blockchain projects, and venture capital firms. He is one of the only lawyers in the world with active clients in both the cannabis and cryptocurrency/blockchain markets.
Mr. Rodman received a BA in History from Tufts University and worked for Merrill Lynch in New York prior to attending law school. Mr. Rodman received his JD from the Denver University Sturm College of Law, where he completed the Corporate and Commercial Law Certificate Program focusing on securities law, corporate law, intellectual property, and contract negotiation. During his time at DU, he was the Articles Editor for The Race to the Bottom, which provides analysis of the laws and regulatory measures that govern American corporations. He was also the Senior Articles Editor of the Sports and Entertainment Law Journal and President of the Sports and Entertainment Law Society.
Mr. Rodman is licensed to practice law in Colorado and Washington State, and has represented clients in California, Nevada, New Jersey, Canada, Thailand, Singapore, and the Czech Republic. He is also a member of NORML and the MAPS Legal Network. Dave enjoys sailing in strong winds, snowboarding in deep powder, surfing on clean waves, snowmobiling in untracked wilderness, dirt-biking just about anywhere, and attending concerts (especially at Red Rocks).
- Member, Colorado State Bar
- Colorado Bar Association
- Business Law Section
- Cannabis Law Section
- Entertainment Law Section
- IP Law Section
- National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML)
- National Cannabis Bar Association
- The National Hemp Association
- 2020 Super Lawyers Rising Star
- JD – University of Denver Sturm College of Law 2013.
- Corporate and Commercial Law Certificate Program – University of Denver Sturm College of Law 2013.
- BA – Tufts University 2007
- “Regulation A+, the JOBS Act, and Public Offering Lite” Denver University Law Review Online (2013). Denver University.
- General Counsel – Intelligent Trading Technologies
- Outside General Counsel – Pine River Consulting, Ltd.
- Chief Operations Officer – Pine River Consulting, Ltd.
- Outside General Counsel – The Purple Organization, Inc.
- Chief Operations Officer – The Purple Organization, Inc.
- Of Counsel – Hoban & Feola
- Associate Attorney – The Law Offices of Lauren C. Davis
- Senior Specialist Global Markets and Investment Banking – Merrill Lynch